1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jon Geer, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

New addition to our ever growing fleet.

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Couple more to wet the pallet.

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Cute driveway rig! Bet its extremely nimble and fast....what do you use for weight on the bed? 1/2 pallet of salt??
  4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

What would you need weight for?

We have dedicated salt trucks.
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Ballast, I bet the rear wheels spin easily.
  6. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Nice rig man i think the flat bed and rear plow is enough weight. Did you do any work to suspension? I want flatbed on mine someday.What kind of plow is it.How big is front and rear plow.What is it going to be used for.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  7. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

very nice rig john

nice to see something different

are you running a electric pump now ?

i didnt see the pump box that you usually run.

also what size are the front and rear plows

thanks again for the pics

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thats a cute little rig
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice little truck ya there. Why did you paint that Fisher SD red? Is it a 6'9" or a 7.5' plow?
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That thing is wicked cool!
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice blade I like the fact that it basically eliminates the need for shear bolts.
  12. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like the SD hangs off the front as much as my HT. I like it very versitile.
    Mercer, I believe he runs a fleet of Westerns and Western only does the Suburbanite on Colorados.
  13. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

True, but that is a fisher SD, look at the trip springs, pin release handle (yellow thing), and lift triangle, it's an SD painted red...
  14. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The truck has plenty of weight. I added a leaf in the back and turned the bars up in the front. The front is a Fisher 6' 9" and the rear is a SwingWing 180. It's going to be used for plowing driveways.

This truck doesn't need the speed of a Honda Box.
    Fisher 6' 9" 12' SwingWing 180.

Thank you.

I powder coated it red to match the rear and the rest of my fleet. 6' 9"

I sense some for of dig here?????????

It's a FISHER !!!!!!!!!!
  15. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I know that I was telling him why it was red.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The pump is in that black box in the bed of the truck. Its huge! Litearally a lot bigger motor and tank than your average plow pump. i want to know what kind it is though, but all the markings were taken off of it.

Jon we want video of this thing. Also can you post some pics of that back blade? I want to see how that thing goes back 180. And I think some others do to. No we are not trying to steel ideas.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  17. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Thats sweet... Idk why every one is bashing it (well a few people)... I wanna see it in action... So whats the GVW for that? (B4 spare spring.) If u dont mind what do u think u got in this? Truck, Bed, and Plows.
  18. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

That is a neat rig. How much did it run you?
  19. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Thats a cool rig. should make short work of driveways. I'd like to see action videos or pics of it as well.

Why is everyone always asking what people pay for everything they post pics of? Just curious, i see that a lot on here.
  20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Why would you think it's a dig. I was giving you a compliment. I don't recall ever giving you a dig before. All of our Snowing front blades have 180 degree movement and no shear bolts and we have no problem with them and I have talked to Ebling about making there's that way before I even bought my first one. The funny part is it's your backblades that first got me thinking about buying one.