1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Chevy CCSB Dmax

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, May 1, 2009.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just picked this up yesterday. Since i got my license this has been the truck ive wanted and i just so happened to find it at the dealership last saturday evening. It has 10,000 miles on it, and for the short time the one owner had it it was meticulously maintained and cleaned. I have the fisher truck side setup that will go on it, not sure what plow it will get though...probably an 8ft X-blade! Within the next two weeks i'll be putting a 2" torsion bar leveling kit in it with 1" blocks in the back (friends truck has it and it looks VERY nice!) with good year silent armor 285 tires!

New Truck! 007.JPG

New Truck! 001.JPG

New Truck! 003.JPG

New Truck! 004.JPG

New Truck! 005.JPG
  2. mcwlandscaping

last two for now!

New Truck! 006.JPG

New Truck! 002.JPG
  3. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

is that a factory navi? Truck is sick, just like mine, but no navi or rear dvd. Love the quad cab and cant beat the duramax. I also notice you got the tap shift witch must mean its a 6 speed allison. How do you like that? Mine has the 5 speed, but its awesome.
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice rig and chocolate Lab.. Keep in mind you have no plow prep on that truck. Gm is hurting and may mess with your warranty.
  5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Nice truck Mike- Congrats!

What are you doing with the tan truck?

What did you pay if you don't mind my asking?
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks great Mike. With a few well placed upgrades, several of which you already have in mind ;) you'll have it standing tall in no time. :drinkup:

One thing I would suggest since you already mentioned it as far as for a plow choice is to go with an 8.5 over an 8 footer. You'll quickly appreciate that extra few inches with the crew cab I promise.
  7. mcwlandscaping

My friend has the five speed in his and i notice the six seems to be a little smoother shifting in off highway driving. That is not the factory nav system, its an aftermarket pioneer....was in the truck when i saw it! The dealer was going to take it out and return the truck to stock but i saw it before they could so they left it in. I also have the factory six disk changer as well...i would like to find the factory nav to go in it at some point as i like it better!

Thanks for the compliments....i know a few of the techs at the dealer and they said i shouldn't have a problem at all. But definitely something i'm going to keep in mind. I will put the truck side wiring in the truck but leave the push plates off until fall! Thanks again for the compliments
  8. mcwlandscaping

Thanks a bunch B&B! I agree on the plow width! I wasn't really thinking =] Definitely have my ears open to the other upgrades you would recommend!!
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'll shoot you an email with a few ideas. Some important for longevity and performance, and some just to compliment the look when starting with a clean slate.

Hope your check books water cooled. :D
  10. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

very nice truck mike :drinkup:im jealous:cry:
  11. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Beautiful truck Mike. My uncle has the same truck with those options. Lots of luck with it. I would listen to B&B about a blade bigger then a 8', atleast a 8.5'.
    How do you like the power so far?
  12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Nice rig,mind if I ask how much?
  13. mcwlandscaping

Thank you everyone for the compliments! The power is unbelievable, always loved it and ive always known what i wanted!

The truck had a sticker price of $33k on it, i got them down to $28k and then put $5k down and financed the rest!

I have my own ideas for power and whatnot but i'm listening to B&B's suggestions first and foremost....i'll be checking my email frequently!

Thanks again guys for the compliments and feel free to ask any questions...always happy to answer!
  14. mcwlandscaping

Tan truck is staying! lol, it's all setup and ive put a lot of time, effort and money into it! It's paid off and built up just how i want it! That was the dream truck first and i could never get $$$ wise what its' value is to me
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice ride. Pretty much what I want but without the fancy interior.

Look into Cognito motorsports. They seem to have a pretty nice leveling kit for the hd chevy's that is a little better design then green keys and a block.
  16. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

if you ever find a stock one, shoot me an email if you want to sell that one, would love to get one! Grest price for the miles also! Thats gonna make you happy for a long time and makes me want a newer one with the 6 speed, have you used the manual option? Does it really do anything, figured it would be nice in the hills to heep it in a good rpm range while pullin.
  17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You bought a great truck, good luck with it.:drinkup:
  18. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Pics of the tan truck? My buddy did the Banks six gun with the bigger valves in the Allison,he is a GMC mechanic or he was and it rocks. Also he works on a guys truck that has some serious money into it and he does the truck pulls.
  19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Now that your running a dmax, check dieselplace (the plowsite of the dmax world). But be sure your good about managing your money if you get into their performance section.:D
  20. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Well dang Mark, I see the name of this on the main page and your name under it and thought you finally got a new truck. when is yours coming?