1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 chevy 2500hd strobe in front directional

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Grambo170, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Grambo170

Grambo170 Junior Member

Going to mount Whelen vertex strobe in clear front directional, Looking for best place to drill hole, Does any one have pic's or suggestions only want to do this once:dizzy:

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Here you go. To get the most out of the light mount it as close to the factory bulb as possible, but keep it about a inch or so away from it. Take a look at the pic.

whelen-strobe-location-headlighht.jpg

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

But mounting is the same design. You want it to be located near the focal point of the lense.

5. Grambo170

Grambo170 Junior Member

First thank you for the response's
    So even thou it's the directional and not the head lamp the theory is the same, Just wanted to know if any one had a better or worse place to drill hole back or on the bottom like in the diagram.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yes same theory. If you want a nice flat surface then mount it on the top or bottom. But the reason the factory mounts lights where they do is because you get the best usage of light output that way. I always add some RTV sealent around the base of the light once it is mounted just for extra insurance that it is sealed. On curved mounting surfaces it is not a bad idea to use a little extra sealent just because the light head isn't sitting flat up against something for mounting.

7. DrakeSabitch

DrakeSabitch Senior Member

silverado HAW

Here are some pics of my strobe install on my 2006 chevy. maybe this will give you a good starting point. Although, since your using vertexs, you might be able to get away with mounting them closer to the turn signal bulb.

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0940.jpg

IMAG0954.jpg

IMAG0955.jpg

8. Spool it up

. exactly same mounting install .

9. Spool it up

10. Grambo170

Grambo170 Junior Member

Thanks, :mechanicGreat Pic's just what I was looking for.:)

11. Spool it up

get er dun