1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Chevy 2500 heater problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plumberjohn, Dec 25, 2010.

1. plumberjohn

plumberjohn Junior Member

Merry Christmas all Any of you have problems with the heater fan. I'm freezing my butt off. 2006 Chevy Silverado cab fan motor has been replaced, Wiring harness as well--worked for about a week and now I can't get the fan to even turn on again. Any help would be appreciated.

2. damian

damian Senior Member

did you replace the resistor\control that the harness plugs into?

3. plumberjohn

yes--I replaced the fan, resistor control & wiring harness--everything worked fin for about 1 day then it went back to no fan

4. damian

damian Senior Member

time to start from scratch,check power and ground at the blower motor and find whats missing.if i were at the shop i'd bring up the alldata wire diagram and tell you where it grounds and how the blower switch is wired to the reistor/control but not til monday,sorry.dont forget the fuse.

5. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

You should have full time power at the motor and the motor grounds out through the resistor/heater controls.

6. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Long shot..... try wiggling the key.
    I've had it happen, especially when really cold, that the key wouldn't return to the "run" position fully from the "start" position, and the fan would not operate.

7. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Check the wires at the back side of the controls. I had a similar issue before and it ended up being a melted plug at the control panel. One of the pins in the plug had slid back some causing a bad connection and it melted that way.

8. plumberjohn

Thanks all--I will try all of the above and let you know

9. plumberjohn

were youy able to pull up a wiring diagram for me? If so could you e-mail it to me?