1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 Blizzard 800 plow hesitates

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by slimslim25, Jan 11, 2014.

1. slimslim25

slimslim25 Junior Member
    from Utah

2007 Blizzard 800 plow hesitates

So yesterday my plow would not operate at all. Found bad ground wire connection and fixed. Than plow would not lower, found pin in plow side harness missing for lower function. Got a brand new plow side harness from local dealer. Than found power hitch issue, loosened cylinder hose and lowered power hitch. Now after all that when I try to attach plow to truck it is very hesitant. When I go up on toggle it moves power hitch an inch or and stop, motors runs but will not go anymore. I can do this over and over until hooked up to truck. Same problem lowering power hitch. Just goes down an inch or so at a time. Plow was serviced at first this season by plow repair shop. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  2. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

sounds kind of strange you are having multiple issues, still could be having grounding issues, be sure you clean up the ground connection for the solenoids right on the valve block, you can pull that plug apart just before the solenoids and put a jumper wire from the positive on the motor and test each function, the next time you cant get your plow off , you can run jumper wires into that same plug and un do it rather than bleeding oil off. read your wiring diagram under the motor cover, if things work good by manually jumping the solenoids , then work back wards, if they don't then you have other problems , any chance of icing in your oil.

3. slimslim25

slimslim25 Junior Member
    from Utah

I would think icing could not be an issue. It was 47 here yesterday and 50 today in Utah. All these issues were found yesterday just trying to raise the plow to change out a cutting edge. Put old plow side harness back on just to test and still same issue. I have tried cleaning up all grounds. I am baffled at this point. Think I forgot to mention that does the same thing side to side.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

then unplug the connection at the solenoids, run a jumper from your motor to your lift solenoid and energize your motor and see if your blade lifts its a direct way of starting your motor and having the lift solenoid energized , if it lifts you know that part works

5. slimslim25

slimslim25 Junior Member
    from Utah

Problem found. My employees switched some ground wiring when installing the new plow harness. Thanks for the help.