1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 2500 plow/suspension lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by doughboywessels, Apr 25, 2010.

1. doughboywessels

doughboywessels Junior Member

Was looking at buying a plow for my 2006 Chevy 2500 quad cab it has a 6" pro-comp suspension lift what effect does that have when mounting a plow if any or is it not advisable???
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It can be done and the guys who have done it say it works fine. It does require modification by a experienced fabricator
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Also make sure you re-gear if you havn't yet. It'll be a dog with big tires and a lift plowing with stock gears. I'd say atlead 4.30s IMO
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

4.56 if he does hwy driving and doesn't pull much. 4.88 I'd say if he pulls alot and pushes a lot of snow but isn't on the highway much.
  5. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

My trucks gettin 4.56 gears in the fall wesport
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

He doesn't need to change gears if he is running stock or close to stock size tires. Also, engine will have an impact on gear choice.

Since we don't know much about his truck, it's pretty tough to make useful gear ratio recommendations.
  7. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

If he is running a set of 35" tires he does not need a gear change to plow. The new trucks have plenty of power. The only thing with mounting a plow to a lifted truck is you have to make a drop bracket so the plow frame is horizontal. I know I have an ultra-mount to uni-mount adaptor and it has alot of adjustment.