1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2006 2500 Mega Cab Cummins

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NLS1, Jul 9, 2011.

1. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I hate to sell this truck, but we just found out that we are gonna have a 4th kid, and it won't be big enough anymore :(

2006 Mega Cab, SLT, 4x4, auto, Cummins, mineral gray metallic, 71000 well maintained and cared for miles.

Spray in bedliner, fender flares, and will have decals removed and be detailed shortly. Looks great and is great right now however

Every conceivable repair it ever needed it got, no expense spared.
    New tires, knuckle joints, ball joints, complete Lukes Links front end, and a/c recirc door all done in the last couple thousand miles.
    New nuke proofed trans at 70.5k, with billet torque converter and upgraded frictions and valve body, anything it needed was replaced/upgraded. This trans is awesome!
    Totally stock, except for a leveling kit which I can remove if you like.
    No chips, programmers, 5th wheel, or heavy towing ever, just my little single axle lawn trailer, and light plowing.
    Fresh fluids throughout, although a brake fluid and power steering flush is next on my list...
    I have not used this truck for much work in the last couple years since I bought a dually flatbed. Basically been a family truck lately, and it was never driven by anyone besides my wife and me.

This truck needs nothing, and will serve you well for many years. I hate to see it go!

I have another set of steel 17" Dodge wheels with center caps I will include and an almost new set of 315/70/17 Treadwrights with less than 1k on them.

You will not be disappointed with this truck!

Call and I will tell you everything I know, I have nothing to hide, and I will tell the good and the bad, I have owned it since new.

$30,000 - under KBB for good condition, but it is probably closer to excellent.

2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Extra Tires

Here are the extra wheels and tires I am willing to throw in if I get asking price, like I mentioned in the original posting.

4-black steel dodge 17"
    4-grey center caps
    4-almost new Treadwright Guard Dogs in 315/70/17 Load Range D- 1000 miles or so

3. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Price Drop

$29k without extra wheels and tires.

Taking a trip later this month and would love to have an Excursion or Suburban soon before the trip!

This is quite a bit under book now, none finer for the money!

4. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Nobody even wanna nibble??? Offers? I really do need this gone soon! House closing and 4th kid soon!

This thing needs nothing!

Tell ya what, here is the deal of the day, for $29.5k.....

I will leave front and rear Timbrens. That's gonna save ya $400....

I can include the Boss mount, wiring, and controller that I just took off LOL! I installed it new in fall of 07. That's gonna save ya $1200....

Heck I even have a little SnowEx 575 with vibrator kit that I used with this truck for backup that I can include if you want it. Just took that out too LOL! That's gonna save ya $700....

The plow and spreader controller has a custom mount that sits in the center console. It is so out of the way, that I never took it out the last couple years, just left it there. Very nice reach when you are plowing.

Oh and I have a new steering damper too that goes with it for when the stock one wears out. That's gonna save ya $40....

Come on guys wife is getting antsy! We are buying a house and we need a bigger truck soon and I don't want to take a note on one.... :)

$29.5k for truck, Boss mount and wiring and Snowex575 with vib. kit and Timbrens! That is heck of a good deal!

Heck I will even give you my extra steel 17" wheels and center caps!

I must be crazy....

Did I say I want this gone yet? LOL
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Not too many guys on here maybe only 2 or 3 dozen this time of year, I wouldnt expect too much of a response dont get discouraged

I dont know what dodges go for, seems like a nice truck.

6. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Thanks man, yeah I know there aren't too many on right now....
    I would rather see it go to someone here than anyone else because I know it would serve them well.

Decals off, and gonna get detailed soon.
    My above offer still stands! Best of these trucks for the money out there right now.
    Now I wait

7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Price Drop

$28k for just truck.

8. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Not trying to discourage or encourage you but the dealer just told my father they would give him 23-24k on his 06 dodge cummins laramie with leather and 80k miles. Selling private for that truck I would think 24-26k Problem you will have is finding someone with 30k cash to buy a used truck.
    Good luck.
  9. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Just got a way better offer than your fathers from my dealer. I will probably go that route. They are selling them for 30-32 at the dealers around here for a truck like mine. Is your dads a mega cab? That changes things a bunch too. I just changed it to 27 everywhere but forgot to here, no action here.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  10. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Oh yeah 27k for just the truck if anyone is there and cares :)
    Needs absolutely nothing. Once it hits the dealer it will go up 4k haha
  11. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

how much for just the mud tires. no rims/center caps
  12. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Those tires are gone, they sold right away and only had 1k on them. Google treadwright, they are the best value in tires today. I have bought 6 sets in the last couple years for all my trucks, and they are awesome.
  13. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Truck is SOLD!
  14. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Nice rig! What did u get for it if I may ask?
  15. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Pm a number andi will call you later if you would like.
    Got what I needed to want to sell it!