1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 to 2008 will it work?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Buzz2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Buzz2010

Buzz2010 Junior Member

I just aquired a 2005 boss v-plow off a 2005 GMC 3500 gas,will that work on my 2008 GMC 3500 diesel?or do I have to get a new wireing harness?Thanks

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

From what I understood from the instructions when I just did mine, you will need a new harness. I believe they changed stuff in 07. At best you may get away with just getting the headlight adapters as that will be your least expensive way to go.

3. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

All you should need is a new headlight adapter (MSC09003) since the light from the 05 were a different style than the 08. Everything else should work.

4. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Yes. You only need this if you want to dual burn the new SmartLight2s. If not, you don't have to worry about it.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on which revision mount you have. This confuses some with the mounts for the GM's but the cliff notes are...

An LTA04767 mount will fit all classic bodies, however when the new body's were released on '07 Boss slightly modified the mount to move it forward in order to clear the new body's protruding front bumper and in doing so revised the mount and p/n making the previous LTA04767 an LTA04767B thus covering all body style's '99 to current This was in '07, so if your mount was purchased new previous to that then you likely won't have the revised "B" series mount therefore not the correct one for the new body style. And without an LTA04767 and an LTA04767B side by side for reference they're not easily distinguishable.

The earlier mount will physically bolt on but it places the light tower too close to the '08-newer bumper.