1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Superduty Dsl?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GSE, Dec 21, 2004.

1. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Hello,

I was approached by a buddy of mine today who picked up an 05 F-350 with the 6.0L Diesel, and he claimed he's only getting 9 miles per gallon! Yikes! Has anyone else seen mileage like this in their '05? My '04 is getting about 17 on a good day with a tail wind, which is acceptable, but I just picked up an '05 so I'm a bit concerned?!?!?

Comments?

Thanks fellas.

Matt

2. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

I get 19.2 on my 2003, he's got a problem, when I first bought mine I was getting 25mpg, slowly went down, as I used the truck,had a big drop in mpg after first oil change. I think the factory stuff is real thin, parts move ez.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

if its a 5spd auto wait until the trans lets loose :cry: :cry:
    john

4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Give it time. Once broken in the mileage will improve. Both engine and tranny are tight out of the box. Just take it easy on them for the first couple thousand miles. And be sure to stop before changing from forward to reverse or vice versa.