1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Daniels, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Daniels

Daniels Junior Member
    from Va

Looking for input -----We are looking at putting a Western 7'6 midweight plow on this truck it has the 4.7l motor curious about the front end and possible problems and advice to a good set up
    We are going to be doing primarily driveways and we have 4 lots about 30 spaces each in each-We have lost our current plow co.never argued over price they just ran themselves out of buis-figured if you want it done right----
    We have also looked at a jeep wrangler that is already set up.....
    Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I have some trouble doing my driveways with my truck, It an ext cab short bed chevy.
    The problem I have ran into is the wheel base is to long, while doing turn arounds.
    The rear wheel tends to track in the grass, and there is no way to get around it with my truck.
    The blade add's to the length. But thats only at one house.
    Of course I dont have many homes to do, Most of my work is small commercial.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I ran a Blizzard 760LT on my 04, but it had a Hemi. It was a decent truck to plow with. Timbrens are a must, and if you have the 20's ditch them. They blow in snow.

4. Daniels

Daniels Junior Member
    from Va

We already upgraded to the 17in BFG all terrains -
    I know that a 2500/3500 series would be better served but with the small amount of work and irregular snowfall around this area it doesn't seem to be cost beneficial to upgrade trucks ---as we just purchased this one- and our others are std cab 2wd 6cyl- but we are open to any suggetstions or experience.....

5. Daniels

Daniels Junior Member
    from Va

also checked my est -timberins ? were not incld but avail--- the plow, lites,control etc mounted was 3450$ what kind of cost would the timberins be ?

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Click the Albany Spring link at the top of the page, they're around $150

7. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Have a 03 1500 long box reg cab w/ a 4.7l engine 4x4. The truck preforms as a 3/4 ton truck for me. Although I have added rear springs and put a few turns on the tortion bars. The truck is equiped with a 8' 2yrd. stainless salter and a 26 series Snoway plow. Did I mention the truck also has 240 000km on it. The drive line hasn't skipped a beat although I do drive with the over drive off to make it a little easer on the truck.

Have a look at the Snoway line up. For drive ways and tight lots you will find the down pressure is a great addition to save time and improve the quality of the job(for backdragging). It also mounts up with limited trimming and the quality of the wiring is top notch.

Add a small tailgate salter and some salt in the back for ballast and you will be super happy.xysport

Good luck in your venture

DAFF

8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I have a 26 series sno-way with down pressure on my 04 dakota with 4.7 it handels it fine,have a 6'8" blade right now but im goona go 7.5 soon only 14 pounds heavier.