1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Kodiak 5500 Crew Cab 4WD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ursushorribilus, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus Junior Member

Well, I need a truck to tow my new Kubota L48, and I've decided to go with the Kodiak 5500. I'm getting the 4WD option, crew cab, 300 hp Duramax diesel, Allison automatic transmission, and a landscaper body with a dump :drinkup: Anyone checked these new rigs out? Tony

2. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Nice rig,Dam sure you will have the first one in Rollinsford :)

3. Foz

Foz Senior Member

I haven't bought a 4WD version yet, but we have 1-4500 & 2-5500 with the 6 speed, wish I would have chosen the auto. Good trucks, but they are heavy.

4. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

This thread is meaningless without pictures. :drinkup:

5. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus Junior Member

they will indeed be posted when my rig comes in...it is scheduled for production in Flint at the end of January, and I well see it a month or so later...I'd love to see a photo of yours...Tony

6. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Right on! :cool: I was thinking you saw it and were just waiting on delivery (that's why I was givin ya crap for not sharing any pics :D )I'd go nuts waiting that long, but it sounds like it should be worth it. I've only seen the Kodiaks on the road set up as race haulers.

I'll snap a pic of mine tomorrow. I sodded my plow into a corner this summer, and I've been waiting for a good reason to drive across it and hook up. Gonna have to crush my precious new lawn eventually, I guess. :rolleyes:

7. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Those are great trucks,my buddy has a 4500 dump,bigblock/allison.they are really built.He doesn't think twice about leaving the gravel pit grossing 30k.but most concrete guys are NUTS anyway!

8. roidman81

roidman81 Member
    from nj

my crew cab c5500 4x4 duro/allison

my truck is STILL at monro getting a upfit.. there is no better beast out there period.. be careful with the pto option you cannt power any acc. for snow removal with it the trans stops the shaft if you touch the brakes. fan belt pumps are the only option. 11 gph or better.

9. dzd9fy

dzd9fy Junior Member

10. roidman81

roidman81 Member
    from nj

What are you running on it . i am installing a 12 contractor dump with direct drive undermount tailgate spreader, central hydro, and Boss 10 straight blade.. major prob. making all this work together. i am worried about the turning radius

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Have you considered putting on an aluminum box? They are 2000lbs lighter. There are quite a few around here now.

12. dzd9fy

dzd9fy Junior Member

Have general box that dumps on the back that is set up with removable side panels.

There is not a concern with turning radius as it is the same beam design and same wheel cut angle.

13. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

new truck

Check out the knapeheide landscaper body. I built a dumptruck 2 years ago, i searched for months to find the right body for my company. I went with the 2 way tailgate with upper gate doors and ctr. scuttle gate, 4' curbside side door, 11000 lb. hoist and knapeheide tool pack mounted directly beheind the cab. The body cost 10 k installed but it's worth it! Check it out at knapeheide manufacturing.com

14. dzd9fy

dzd9fy Junior Member

Nice setup!!!!!!!!!