1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 headlight problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by IMAGE, Nov 9, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

my 2005 2500hd headlights both quit working last night. Worked fine, shut truck off to run in store, come out and have no headlights. I do still have marker lights and blinkers.

I swapped out the dash switch with my brothers truck and that is not the problem.

Any ideas if there is a relay or module somewhere?

Thanks!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kind of plow

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I dont think its a plow related issue. plow was not on when this started. But is a Blizzard 810.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I checked all wiring connections that I know of and everything is tight. I checked on some other forums and it sounds like there is a module in the collum that can go bad, or it could be the body control module (BCM), .... anyone had this problem and was it one of those fixes?

I have no lights at all, not high or low beam, nothing but markers.

Thanks

5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Check your fuses

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Fuses are good. So are the relays, I swapped them out with the AC relays(same part #) and it still works.

Got the Haynes manual out now...