1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 gmc sierra 2500hd overheating

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AMP Motorsports, Jun 11, 2009.

1. AMP Motorsports

AMP Motorsports Junior Member

I have a 05 gmc sierra 2500hd 6.0 without plow prep package and I had my 8' western installed last winter on it and i couldn't get past the second driveway without the engine and trans. almost redlining. What can i do? is there a aftermarket clutch fan that i can put in that will kick in sooner? if so anyone have a part number? also for the tranny anyone have a part number for a additional trans cooler or know anything else i can do?
  2. AMP Motorsports

AMP Motorsports Junior Member

any help would be greatly appreciated
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Go to the GM truck section here and use the search term " fan clutch"...you'll find hours of reading on this very very common issue, so be sure to have a comfortable chair. :D