1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 gmc 5500 topkick diesel

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BILLFarrell, Sep 25, 2013.

1. BILLFarrell

BILLFarrell Junior Member

Hi All,
    Need some opinions, I am in need of a backup to my plow service, I live in Buffalo NY (sometimes lots of snow, heavy snow) I have a 2005 GMC topkick 5500 with a plow prep pkg, limited slip diff, heavy duty trans and cooling system. We have a big lot, but it is flat. 2 wheel dr truck with duals. I want to put a 9' plow on it, think it will be worth it and will it do the job. Thanks for any input.

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

shouldn't be a problem if you have weight in the back. Just be smart about where you are trying to plow.

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You should be fine. We have been using a 6500 for the last few years with a 10' Boss. It has a salter and by the last location it only has 1.5 tons on.

Funny seeing plow prep on a 2wd truck.

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We have several 4500 2wds all with 10' plows. Certainly plenty of....well whatever you need on a flat lot.