1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 gmc 2500hd problems??? Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevy$men, Dec 7, 2011.

1. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

im looking to buy a truck they traded in but the check engine came on when i was test driving it so the dearler pulled the code and they said it the catalytic converter the code is P0420 i think thats bs because the trucks jumps real bad like i cant believe it thats so i call my tech he said he thinks its a coil or plug or injecters something wondering if anyone had this issue before i buy the truck Thanks Guys......

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

"Jumps"?

Let the dealer fix it, bring your own scan tool before you buy, take it for another test drive, scan for codes. None present? Go for it!

3. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

yea it jumps or pull back whatever i cant explain but dealer will fix the converter payupjust becuz check engine on they are saying if its not that do i want it or not they will send it to the auction they will not put alot of money in it ....and want move on the price

4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

The converter is is still under warranty so that's why they are willing to do that. See how it drives after that but I doubt that would cause jumping of the truck.

5. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

ok i will let u know 2 morrow