1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Moss Man, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I looked at a 2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax regular cab 4x4 today, just because it seems like a good deal. It is a work truck, vinyl floor mats and rool up windows. Has AC CC AM-FM. Has the plow package and the 4800 lb front end. 84,000 miles and the motor is bone stock. It has the Allison 5-speed auto. It also has a like new Fisher MM2 Straight Blade with it and a ladder/headache rack. The plow has only been on the truck 2 years for a personal driveway. The truck isn't perfect, but it's in real good shape for a 2005. They guy needs a quick sale at $15,700. It wasn't the exact rig that I'm looking for, but it seems like an opportunity to have a solid diesel at a resonable price. I imagine it has the LLY motor. It was 2 below zero when I arrived at the truck, it fired right up with authority.

2. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Sounds like a good buy to me. Kelly blue book values it 17-19,000

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a great deal!

You can easily flip that plow for some extra cash back too (which you already are thinking about aren't you!)

4. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

Exactly! My business partner went ahead and bought it. I thought about it for myself, but I actually like my 3500 better, other than having a Duramax would be nice. My truck rides better than this one and has a ton more creature comforts. My buddy would sell it to me later if I change my mind, so it's kind of a win win situation.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal! That is a cheap price for a Dmax with those miles around here. I can't find them for a decent price unless they have over 100K on them, and they still want nearly $30k!

They are nice trucks though