1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 GMC 1500 Z71 Pickup

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by den327, Jan 5, 2007.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

How do I know if my truck has a snow plow prep package on it.Also I have read alot about having a transmission cooler.It looks like my truck may have one already installed from the factory.I see the radiator and in front of that there is a smaller radiator type looking thing.I imagine that is the cooler.Thanks
  2. doh

doh Senior Member

the tag in the glove box will have your build options, like G80 (locking rear diff) anyways look for code VYU (snow plow prep)
  3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

If you truck has the Z71 option you have an external trans cooler. NBS 1/2 tons did not come with a plow prep option, unless you have a reg cab I believe.
  4. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i have a 2005 silverado 1500 z71 i am also putting a plow on it in july and i was going to look into putting a trans cooler in by the looks of it it has one in it i looked for VYU (snow plow prep)
    and i didnt see it i dont no if theres a big difference between chevy and gmc i dont think so correct me if i am rong.
    also i was wondering what other things should i put on my truck to get it ready for a plow
    i have put a leveling kit in timbers i plan on putting a trans gauge in and a cooler if i dont have one and maybe a oil cooler?? anything else you guys can think of
  5. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

what does the pre plow packadge consist of??