1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 f550 , help ?. thanks

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, May 7, 2005.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

ok I have a ? for the ford guys. how do you disconnect the alarm that beeps when the door is open and the key is in the ignition. we already disconnected the seat belt warning chime. this is on a mobile mechanics truck so the doors are always open for music and doing paperwork and that warning chime is really annoying. ok , the truck is a 2005 , ford f550 , xlt , diesel , manual trans.
    any help , like location of it , whatever would be appreciated . Thanks Bryan......

2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

try looking under the center of the dash above the floor heat duct? that where it was on my F-150... just a thought...

3. boba

boba Senior Member

Coming from the steering column is a black wire with a pink stripe. Cut the wire.

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

are you for sure , it sounds good to me but i dont want too mess up a brand new truck. thanks

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Well cut the wire today and it worked , thanks guys.....Bryan