1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 F450 Anybody know anything bout em?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Hey all,

Tommorrow I'm going to look at an 05 f450 4x4 PSD with a Chelsea PTO and Rugby 9ft dump,,,,looks to be in awesome shape, as always dealer didnt post mileage. Anyone have any opinion on these, the 450's seem a little rare to me, and im hoping there isnt a reason behind it. oh btw its also got the 6sp stick, which im kinda iffey about still. Ive gotten quite used to this TorqShift Trans.

2. lilsteve08

lilsteve08 Senior Member

The word on plowsite and in north jersey is an f series with the 6.0 powerstroke diesel only gets about 7 miles per gallon.

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

drove it today,,,absolutely loved the truck(Minus the stick,lol) and its a VERY good deal,,,,just still am a little unsure about getting rid of my pickup and going to a dump,,, tho will make alot of the landscaping stuff faster and easier, than hand shoveling yards of mulch out of my truck, haha.

No conveniences except underbody tool boxes, and rain guards lol.

4. wewille

wewille Senior Member

They are great trucks. 7mpg is pretty low from my experiences, but theres many factors that play into that equation. I might expect 12mpg in a f-450 but that varies alot depending on the truck. The 6.0l has had its share of problems, but many are preventable and and there are upgrades that will practically make it bulletproof! The manual trans on these trucks have also been very solid.

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

well new development,,,,i was rather per-turbed to find out that the deal only wants to give me a WHOPPING 12 grand for my 05 f350,,,(30k miles) so i probably wont be getting this dump unless I can sell my truck first.

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Is the f350 gas or diesel

7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Gasser 5.4

8. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Well further update, It is Farewell to Big Silver,2005 F350, and hello to the 450 mentioned above. As long as there are no snafu's that is. Along with the 350 will be going my 8'2 VXT poly. Will update with pics when i get it,,,,,:D :D :D