1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Green Grass, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2005 F350 Crew Cab with the 6.0. I am going to be putting a 8'6" Western MVP on the truck and i am wondering if i need to beef up the front end or will it be fine

2. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2004 F350 extended cab long box 6.0 psd. With a 8.6 ultra mount I've had no problems.

3. Green Grass

ok that is what I thought

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'd put a set of Timbrens on to be safe, I had a 05 F250 with Plow Prep Package and still added the Timbrens.

Do you know weather the truck has the snow plow package ??

5. Green Grass

it does not have plow prep

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Add them, they take all of about 30 minutes to put on, jacking the truck up is harder then installing the Timbrens :dizzy:

7. Green Grass

I have a hoist so it will be easy. Where did you get them?

8. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

is this F-350 a dually or Single? if its a dually i wouldn't put anything smaller than a 9' blade on there. with the duals you are 8 ft' wide tread mark and by the time you angle the blade you will be driving in the snow.

9. Green Grass

it's a single crew cab i am planning on putting a 8'6" western MVP plus on the truck