1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 F350 with Hiniker V Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by plowfever, Nov 30, 2010.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Here are the pics of my new Hiniker 9.5' V plow. I cant wait to see how this plow works compaired to my old Boss XT. I also put a new Salt Dogg spreader on it.

truck with plow.jpg

truck with salt spreader.jpg

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good why did you switch?

3. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I was really never that happy with the Boss plow. Plus I got the Hiniker for $1300 less than the Boss 8.5 Poly V XT.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Wow that's a big difference in price! How are the hydraulics on it, pretty quick? Those are direct lift as well right?

5. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Hydraulics are very quick and yes it is a direct left. It is a little different how it lifts compaired to other brands. I has like a scissor action that lifts it. I think it is a good option plus it has the trip edge that is pinch free and 9" high. The only thing I am uncertain about now is it drops kinda slow. I am going to check to see if this is adjustable.

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Don't quote me on this, but I think the drop on those are free flowing so they are adjustable. Like I said, can't tell you for certain but I think I read that somewhere the other day.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

THAT IS SICK...very nice...I have to put up mine..

04 f250 diesel, hiniker straight, and tgs06.

I took mine to a snoway dealer cause i didn't like the way mine dropped either.....not the local Hiniker dealer..those guys are the biggest bunch of retards ever...well anyways they gave me a "float controller" that you hook up to your up down hydro...But I haven't installed it yet, and considering that it was in my tool box that was just stolen out of my truck...I don't have one anymore...but I think that will be your solution your ordeal.

Hinikers are the best bang for the buck plow made. Period. Way too many good things to not be in the main picture for plow manufactures. People just need to see.

CIMG0702.jpg

CIMG0829.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  8. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I agree that Hiniker has got a well built plow. I will have to check on that float controller. How do you like your Salt Dogg spreader?

9. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

NIce lookin trucks guys, I think ford is the way to go.
    NOt too sure about the 6.4 motor however, I was looking to pick up a 2008.

I think I might just stick with the new gas from ford.
    I have to check if Hiniker is available in Ontario, it is a nice looking plow.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

It's brand new and I've only used it for like 10 min...

I already do not like the manual flow gate.

There will be a little learning curve with it...I need to get some damn snow out here...were already 15" behind schedule.:help:

11. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

so what was the main reason for getting away from the boss?

12. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's a nice looking plow setup!

13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

did hiniker ever fix there mounts? i know it was an issue for some but thats all i read last season? sorry if i hijacked a little!

14. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Well I dont know why I really never liked the Boss. I had it a F150 and it was a 8.5' plow so I put the front end of my truck on the ground practically. I think that was the main reason because it never seem to clean as well as I expected. Also the Boss dealer here is a *****. He told me one day that he was the best around and that all the other dealers around were stupid and was just a ass. I didnt like his attitude and that is the only dealer in my area. I had to drive a little father to get the Hiniker but the dealer was super nice and that says alot.

The salt dogg spreader is going to take awhile to get used to. I been trying to adjust it so I get good coverage but it seems like when I do all the salt just runs out and then I got a pile of salt on the parking lot to kick around to spread it out. I dont know if I am just not used to it yet but this seems to be a common problem I have read on here. I may end up selling it and going with either a snow ex or grit my teeth and buy the Boss. I do like there spreaders. SO easy to hook up and spread very well. If you got any comments on the Salt Dogg problems I am having and know how to fix this let me know.

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Trucks and plows are looking great guys. Good luck this winter.