1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 F350 tailgate question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Gray Wolf, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Junior Member

Does anybody know how much weight the tailgate can hold? I want to put ramps on the tailgate and load a small tractor that weighs somewhere around 700-800 pounds. Will I break the tailgate 'holders' or bend the tailgate with the load centered kind of in the middle? Thanks
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Just take the tailgate off and put the ramps right on the truck bed. I would not put that much weight on the tailgate. Tailgate comes off easily.
  3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Junior Member

tailgate question

I would but the bed is too short. Back tires need to sit on tailgate. I'm pretty sure that the tailgate will hold up half the weight once it's up but there will be a time when most all of the weight will be on the ramps. That's what I'm worried about.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

People load Harley Davidsons up in the bed of trucks all day long and most of the softails way in around #650 plus. I say go for it. The straps and tail gate will hold it fine.