1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 f350 does not start

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by cat320, Jun 17, 2014.

1. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

My 2005 f350 diesel does not want to start it does nothing when you turn the key have power all lights gauges work checked all fuses all ok. noticed that a red power cable coming from the passenger side that is connected to a whole bunch of something under the wiring loom gets very hot in the acc/on position. any idea what it might be starter maybe? it ran fin right before this
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Prob b/c that connection is loose. And might be corroded. Remove them, clean and reattach
  3. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Had the same issue. Starter connection was corroded and not allowing truck to start.
  4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

My truck did that last year. The starter was fine. I pulled into a parking lot and got out in a hurry and the wheels were turned all the way when I turned it off. It acted like it was in gear when I tried to start it. I straightened the steering wheel and shifted the gears back and forth and it freed up and started.
  5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Bad connection or + batt cable harness that runs down to the starter is corroded. Mine rotted out on my 06 6.0 last winter luckily inbetween storms
  6. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

could be the ac compressor locked up iv had it happen on one of my buddys trucks
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

6.0 starters are notorious for not giving any warning that they're going bad.
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've put complete cable assy's and starters on pretty much every 6.0 I've had. 2 of each last season alone. I like to run an additional ground cable at the same time for peace of mind. 6.0's are goofy with voltage.