1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 F250 Crew Cab 6.0

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Kevo98, Feb 27, 2005.

1. How about a shot of the new truck even before the salesman knows its in. Too bad I can't get it before the snow storm tomorrow.

F250-327.JPG

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Lookin good!!!

Adding to your fleet or replacing a truck??

3. Adding to for now. Will keep the Dodge through next year and use that on a regular basis and keep the Ford as a back-up.

4. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

Get some Huski molded mudflaps put on. Those junk OE nerfbars rust out in about 3 years,or less.The flaps will HELP, get the endcaps removed and have someone rustproof them.Nice truck,though.....

5. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

geezz wish I had that beauty as a backup... nice purchase.

6. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

That is a SHARP lookin' truck! Is that, that dark shadow gray metallic?? Are you going to put a plow on it? If so what brand/size. . . . goodluck with it

7. I was in a dilemma because I really like the Dodge but towing the camper around with the 360 w/ 4:10's was killilng me on gas. It will push snow like a mother and sounds awesome with the Flowmaster exhaust but I needed more towing over the road to keep up with the pack. So i convinced the wife, and bought the Ford and used the excuse that I will keep the Dodge for plowing so I will not beat up the new truck. So I get to keep both for now. Eventually I am going to put a Western Ultra (not sure of the size yet) on the Ford. It would be nice if they were interchangable between the 2 trucks.
    For once I have outsmarted my wife. :redbounce

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  8. Joe
    Yes that is the dark shadow grey metallic. I was at the dealer earier and they sprayed the Rhino Liner in so I can pick it up tomorrow.
    :redbounce

9. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

I saw your truck at OTIS, I was out there talking to Tom Otis and it was in the lot. Nice Ride, I LOVE MINE!!

10. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

That is a pretty color! When I get a new f350, I was thinking of that color. That's gonna be a sweet truck kevo. .

11. yzf1000_rider

yzf1000_rider Senior Member

very nice rig. i used to live on long island. still have family there in central islip. my uncle owns a junk yard there. if you ever need any parts look him up he deals in mainly older stuff tho. the company name is pezner and son. if you ever stop in tell him bill his nephew says hello

12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My 05 now has 3500 miles on it and the transmission started leaking badly on Friday night. Look at the thread started in Ford discussions about the transmission case cracking on trucks with plows on them. I'm leaving for the dealer in about 15 minutes and will post what they find.

Does your truck have the snow plow prep package ??

13. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Eyesell, sounds like you are among the lucky ones with tranny trouble. Been reading a lot about fords tranny troubles, and hope that they get them worked out pretty soon. I for one will never own an automatic in my vehicles, I can buy a lot of clutches and advil for the cost of a new tranny (granted yours will be under warranty).

14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Pretty good service, I left the dealer 2 hours ago and they verifed the case was indeed cracked. 3-4 days for a new case, they said they remove everything from the old trans and pop it into the new case as well as fix the snap ring which is at the lower part of the trans.

15. I did get the plow prep pkg. Also got the camper package. Lariet luxury pkg . upfit switches and intergrated brake controller. Put the toolbox in Saturday and the remote start and DVD player (for the kids) in today. All thats left for now is the fitted Tonneau cover. Here is a pic of the truck the day it came home.

F250Crew0341.JPG

F250Crew0340.JPG

16. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

New truck, new house, looking good...

17. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Got a nice truck there. I hope to be ordering mine in a week or so. :redbounce Are those tranny problems in the superduty's just in the diesel automatic or in the gas automatics also.

18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Gas and Diesel, my dealer had a 5.4 with the same problem, cracked case. Ford started putting the same transmission in all Superduty's for 2005, didn't matter what engine you get.

They said the true problem was they changed the transmission for 05 to make them shift smoother between forward and reverse, when you plow the forward and reverse is action is used 3x's what the average Joe does, so the problem is obiviously maginified, the average Joe may never see this. The snap ring will diffenately come loose if your plowing. When I read the first thread I babied my shifting, still didn't matter. :cry:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  19. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Yet another vote for a manual for me...

20. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Have a 04 just like it great choice in colors! 16500 miles so far so good!

DSC00150.JPG