1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by lawnboy30, Feb 24, 2006.

1. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Just found out there is a few recalls for 2005 f-350 (with snow plow prep) for a transmission ring that blows from constant forward and reverse shifting. Also a coupl eof other recalls which I didn't really listen to. Making the appointment soon.

Heads up to all other owners. No notice in the mail either, just happen to bring it in for something else and found out.

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I knew about mine when I picked the truck up from the dealer 15 months ago.

3. Quality1

Quality1 Member

We didn't know about ours when we bought it. Now it's 4 transmission failures later. Got to love FORD

4. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

Can you post the recall numbers?:waving:

5. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If you're running a heavier truck, i.e. 550, the 'upgraded' snap ring probably won't hold. We've had one of ours repaired twice now, second time was still under warranty but I had an aftermarket tranny shop rebuild it. Ford paid for the new case, TC and overhaul kit. I paid for the labor, shift kit and aftermarket snap ring and new planetaries.

Truck has been down a month in 2 seasons now. :angry:

Quality is NOT job 1.:realmad: