1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 F-350 PSD Automatic

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

..Regular Cab long bed, all power, CD. So I looked at one of these monsters yesterday. As a GM owner, I have to say Ford does a really nice job on these trucks.

Anyway. What are you guys seeing MPG wise with this setup?

This truck was going for $30k with all the rebates and everything.

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well that 6.0 will get up to go. But its not the old 7.3. It would make a heck of a plow rig. Just make sure you get it with the tow mirrors. Because those stock sport mirriors are a joke.

3. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

As with any make truck be certain it has at the very least a snow plow package. There are other helpfully options like trailer towing pkg. outfitter switches, etc. I know the 05 has a new suspension up front, but the other years with the leaf spring suspension had a real issue with front end sag with the lesser rated front springs.

4. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

I just bought an 05 F350 PS SC auto. Love it so far. I need to buy push plates for it though. The ones from my 04 won't fit. 16/17 mpg, but it's brand new.

5. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

I get about 17mpg. Truck has been flawless. As itsgottobegreen said it will flat get up and go.

6. itsgottobegreen

My buddy just got almost the same dump truck as mine. And he smoked me last week at the traffic light. He has the 6.0, I have the 7.3. But I have no problems, while he has had electicial problems ever since he got it.

The 2004(1/2) and later 6.0 diesel have had all the bugs worked out. I am waiting for the new 6.4L twin turbo coming out in late 2007.

7. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

itsgottobegreen i bought mine the end of feburary of 04 and have had no problms. Actually has an 03 build date.

8. itsgottobegreen

it was one of the early 6.0 built in early 2003. They all had electrical problems. They fixed all of them. The new 6.0 are fine.

9. CENLO

CENLO Member

I have a 2004 f350 supercrew, diesel, with a 9'-6" Western Vee. No problem carrying the Vee, ...............but the alternater has failed and it has used up a tranny!

10. somm

somm Senior Member

Thats what we paid new for our 4x4F250XLT 7.3Lpsd in 2000, Bad, and spent 10 more grand on 350 springs & lift kit, light bars, lift gate, plow and tailgate spreader, after we decided to plow with it, lol. But Ford's always gotta have that 30 grand at least for a new SuperDuty, lol! You'll only get 12-16 mpg until your engine gets to 20-25K miles, and by then the sheer weight of the diesel engine will have cost you a full set of tires! After 25K you should get 18 city, and 25 highway.

Jees Louise Cenlo! How many miles u got on it, 100+K? Ours just crossed 32K! I could see it -if its already made you at least 3+ times what the truck & plow cost you though.

11. CENLO

CENLO Member

I bought the truck in May 2004 and the tranny was replaced in June. As for the alternater it lasted until December. (right in the middle of plowing season) :cry: It was all covered by warranty...............but that doesn't help much when you loose your plow truck for a few days! We put about 30k miles a year.

12. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have a o5 F-350 w/6.0. absolutely love it the ather 2 I have have been trouble free too. Mileage according to the computer is 14-15mpg around town & 18 +/- hwy depending upon how heavy my right foot is.

Trk Trlr.jpg