1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 f-250 upfitter switch problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Krumm, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

We recently acquired a 2005 f-250 diesel and set it up to plow. In the attempt to keep the interior looking clean and factory we retro fitted upfitter switches to control the light bar and traffic adviser. We installed the switches and wiring that we purchased directly from ford. But when we attempted to wire in the lights nothing would work. After many hours of head scratching and back tracking everything I'm now stuck. I should have power at the four orange blunt wires when the key is in the run position, but i have none. When the key is in the run position the switches should also light up when in the on position but they do not. The "aux 1,2,3,4" lables do light up when the key is on. I'm lost and need help getting this truck done before we go out to plow, hopefully tomorrow.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you Ck for fuses missing in the fuse box's?

3. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

All fuses are in place and good, same with relays.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok well that was my guess. Can you get the wiring diagrams?

5. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Did you swap out the upfitter relay for another you know is good to test it?

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Did you install the relays? For some stupid reason they didn't always install them from the factory.

7. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

we've swapped and tested all the relays and fuses. Still no luck, but for the mean time we just ran wires and our own switches until this can get sorted out.