1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 excursion older western plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ithaca1230, Nov 10, 2015.

1. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

Hello everybody. New to this site. Was given a older western plow that I want to put on a 2005 Excursion we have and am a little confused on what mount to get. I was told that if there is 4 bolts holding the crash bar I will need a late 2004 mount. Part # 3249 and a ultra to uni conversion part #27170. Can you guys tell me if this is correct before I start looking to purcase the parts. I was gonna try and get used stuff if possible. Thanks for all the help.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Go to the western sire, and use the quickmatch, this will give you the correct mount part number. So you have an old plow, would help to no what series plow it is. Post a pic of the plow if you are not sure.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Were you given a unimount, or ultramount. Let's start there

4. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

I believe it is a unimount 2003 8' blade 3 spring. the motor has a serial # on it B1143257. Can get a picture later

5. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

I tried the quick match on the western site but it wouldnt accept the vehicle.

6. dieselss

Do.you have coils or leaf springs up front

Does your plow have an independent lift ran or build into the pump?

7. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

Truck has leaf springs all around replaced with f250 V codes in front and B codes in the rear.
    Not sure what the second question is. There are two on the bottom to turn plow left and right and one on top attached to a chain for up and down. Forgive me for not knowing the proper terms or names of the various parts.

8. dieselss

The lift ram, the one that lifts the plow, is it a stand alone ram, or is it built into the whole assm? Like a big box type looking thing

9. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

I will have to check there is a red pump in the middle. I will take some pictures later. Really looking for the unimount for the truck. and the conversion piece.

10. dieselss

You would have to buy the ULTRAMOUNT and then the Ultramount to.Unimount adapter.

11. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

yes having hard time finding any used stuff

12. immortal.ben

immortal.ben Member

Yeah there is an adapter to go from Ultramount truck-side to Unimount plow side. How do i know? Had to do the same thing for my 2000 Excursion.

I bet it will be nigh to impossible to find everything you need unless you go to a Western dealer. I had mine installed by the dealer.

Edit: Just for informational purposes... all Excursions came with leaf springs all the way around from the factory.

13. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

So far I figured out what part # I would need for the mount on the truck #3249. found a almost new one used on line and picked it up. will prob get the conversion part new I havent seen one yet used. All excursions were leaf sprung but I guess the 2005 models had the late 2004 superduty front frame. crash bar in the front has 4 bolts each side versus older model with 3 bolts. Need to figure out how to post pictures so I can show the plow itself.