1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Duramax Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mullis56, Jul 12, 2005.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone plow with a crew cab chevy w/Duramax? What did you to help w/the front end sagging and balance out your load....thanks for your help!
  2. snow white

snow white Member

i turned the torsion up4 turns,did not hurt tire wear either,,,,also what i've done is upgrade tires to 285/75/16 or at least 265 because the 245 are wimpy on a diesel
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

hey.... welcome to plowsite...

guys on here usually turn up torsion bars, put ballest in the bed (weight in the bed), and add timbrens. You can find out how to do all of this by using the search button. If you dont see it, just ask. Welcome to plowsite.

JRKRACE Senior Member

I plow with a Crew Cab gas and have had no suspension problems. Bit that's woth gas. I don't thionk you will run into any problems as long as you have the right amount of ballast. They only thing will be your warranty, as GM does not list a plow package for a Crew diesel. They could bust your chops on breakage. I would definitely do a diesel next time, but I will go with who ever as a plow package and a crew diesel. BTW, go with at least a 8 ft plow. I have a 7.6 fisher from my last truck and it barely clears the track...
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have the ext cab with 8' fisher and diesel. I did 4 turns on the bars and it sags about 1 inch with no ballast. I havn't plowed with it yet. Fisher recommended the 7.5 for weight but it's a RD blade not the HD. My cousin used my identical truck up in N.S. Canada last year and told me good thing you went with the 8'HD blade. he bent his 7.5 blade like a bow. :confused: The center push pin bent the the blade in at the bottom and the top went the opposite way. He said it looks strange the way it bent. The Duramax has so much torque he said It pushed unbelievable and had no idea that the blade was bending. His gas truck would not push nearly as well.
  6. Patrick34

Patrick34 Member

I plow with a 2004 2500HD, crew cab, diesel, 8.5 foot western v plow. Put in some ballast, crank up the torsion a bit, no issues so far.