1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 duramac

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 09dieselguy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

2005 duramax

thinking about selling a 2005 ex cab long box duramax. it has a edge chip with attitude. 4" mbrp turbo back exhaust thats 2 weeks old. all new fuilds. hideway goose neck hitch i bed. some small efi live tune for mileage. that bad. the tail gate has to small dents in it. broke drivers mirror that still is useable.

also has a year old boss 8 foot straight blade. only been on truck this season.

truck has 118,000 miles on it. lots of life left in this truck. its ready to go im only down sizeing so i dont need this truck.

$23,000

i will post pics up tommarow afternoon

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

you do realize that 23k is high? i read on here about a guy getting an 08 off the lot with 105 miles for 19500...????

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I was offered $22500 for my '05 with 56K on it for trade. Dont think anyone got anything for 19500 unless it was a 6.0 auto WT package

4. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I was guessing $18500 for the truck, but it was just my two cents....................Good luck!!

5. 09dieselguy

anyone with a duramax will tell you that this isnt tha tbad of a price for the truck. it has a good boss plow on it and is in good shape. it get 26 mpg empty on the highway and it pulls like a dream. if the price is to high for you make me an offer that i cannt say no to. im open and flexable. im looking to get something else. got my eye on a truck right now so lets see what this one will bring.

i think its somewhat of a fair price for the truck and plow.

make offer if its to high

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say somewhere around there would be fair. I've been really looking at trucks lately and it seems everything is going for much less then you would think due to the economy. Even with cheaper fuel, the truck market still sucks. It's a buyers market right now, if you don't have to sell, it's probably best to hold out for a few more years and wait for things to come back around. I'm seeing trucks now for $8-10k that I remember seeing similar trucks for $15-17k last year when I had the idea for a couple weeks of upgrading trucks.

I'm not trying to be a jerk although you probably think so by now, but I'm raising the BS flag on that. I'd believe 23 max hand calculated. I wouldn't believe the computer read out, it hasn't been right yet in any vehicle I've driven or ridden in. LLY's arn't bad on fuel but not as good as the early dmax's up to 04 the LB7's.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I would believe this with the new 6 speed trans from 2006 but i had a 2005 and never pushed 21 and that was on a 1300 mile trip to Canada! I agree with you on the selling factory but like it is always said its only worth what someone will pay for it at the time!!

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The best I've gotten is high 22's hand calculated. I'm not saying 26 isn't possible but you would have to do any and everything possible performance wise and run a custom tune with EFI Live. Oh and drive under 65 mph. I average 20-21 on the freeway empty with the cruise set at 67ish. I'm going to CT Valentines weekend to pickup a boat 10,200lbs plus trailer I'll post the mileage out and back.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Agreed, 26 won't happen. I love Dmaxes, but I'm honest too. 22-23, sure. Best I've done empty on an LLY is 23.3, under 2k and drafting as much as possible. It will prolly average 18-20/14-16.

The price is up there. I'd sell my 05 CCSB LT with the MVP for that in a second if someone offered it. It's just where the market is right now. A year ago or so, it would've been a steal for that price.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not a chance in he!! it was a Duramax 4x4 for that price. I'd buy every one they had on the lot if it was.

11. 09dieselguy

the truck has a small efi live tune plus a edge chip and attitude set on mileage. i pulled 26 miles empty. i would consider a trade for a cummins. not in a hurry to sell it but im not gonna give it away either.

12. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You do realize he is talking about a diesel right?

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Why both? EFI does away with the need for anything else. All the Edge will do is mess it up. 2 economy tunes does not create 2x the milage. I apologize if I looks like I'm trying to put the kybosh on the sale b/c I'm not.....just curious.

14. Quality SR

KBB says $19,860 ( Good condition) +
    A year old Boss Snow plow ( lets say it's worth $2500)= $22,360 +The other mods
    I say he is on the money. Good luck with your sale, free bump for you.

15. Quality SR

Your right there. With a price like that seems to be a reg cab or a ext cab 1500. Not a ext cab LB duramax.

16. 09dieselguy

thank you very much. i dont seem to be that far out on the truck price personally. this truck will run for ever. dont be scared look around at prices its not that far out.

17. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I was going to ask the same thing. You are probably going backwards stacking ontop of an EFI Live tune. With EFI Live you can do any and everything needed to tune. Does the truck come with the software? The only reason I can see still having the Edge is for the gauges, that being said I would leave it on 0/stock

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  18. Quality SR

I have an 04 with the dmax. I know any buyer would be happy with it, regardless of the mileage.
    Posting some pictures will help also. Good luck

19. 09dieselguy

ya ill post pics of the truck washed it and waxed it today being 52 degrees out.i use the efi live to play with other things besides the mileage. i use the edge to play with the power levels

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Do you know what EFI live is capable of? If so that Edge would be in the trash can.