1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Dodge Hemi QC question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DocJohnson, Dec 29, 2009.

1. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

I got a 2005 2500 QC with the Hemi and was thinking of putting a plow on it. It has the towing and plow package. Just wondering what I should throw on it (was thinking of Curtis) and how do these trucks hold up to commercial plowing. I plow for the town and residentials, but it is also my daily driver. Any feedback is appreciated
  2. stillen

stillen Senior Member

how many miles on her? I have the same truck, i have a 8 foot fisher MM2 on it. It does fine. I just hit 44k on the odometer..... Pushes good, i run about 300lbs of ballast in the rear. i don't have any timberens or anything up front. I only drop about 1/2 inch or so with plow raised...
  3. DocJohnson

DocJohnson Member

I have 71,000 on mine. Love the truck, real comfortable and plenty of power. Almost to nice to plow with but my 92 is down and I need a plow truck
  4. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

I run a Blizzard 810 on mine, It plows real nice.
  5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I just moutned up a 9.5' XV to my 03 Hemi QC. Love it! Have about 1000 lbs. in the rear. Truck takes it fine. What plow really depends on what you want to spend...........$4k or $6K??????
  6. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Plowing roads believe me you want @ least a 8.5' & that size blade will probaly be a good size for resi's it all depends on the sizes of the resi's you do....I suggest Fisher, it's easy to get parts for & a quality plow...IMO