1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Chevy MM1 mounts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Dec 9, 2013.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys I am helping out a buddy of mine this week putting on his MM1. He is putting it on a 05 Chevy 2500hd. I am looking for pics of the mounts and how you guys have them installed on your trucks.

I have never installed a fisher before (only ever boss). I did look up the instructions online, but I think I would benefit from actual pics as well. Thanks.

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

You could not have picked an easier truck to install push plates on, just remove the tow hooks. cut the air dam and install just like it says in the instructions, no drilling required.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay perfect. I didn't read into the instructions yet, just made sure to save the link. Do you have pics of the actual mounts? I want to make sure he has the right ones. He got his used from a 3rd party. All new wiring, and he had the blade.

4. buddymanzpop

7169 is Fisher's part number for that year GM Truck. Look at the parts list on Fisher's web site, there's a similar set 7161 for 2000 to 2002 GM's, make sure you don't have them, one of the tabs that goes up against the side of the frame rail on the 7169 is not squared off like the 7161.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay Got the truck wired, but found out the mounts are for a 88-00 class GM. WAY WRONG. Does anyone remember what side (A or B) the headlight adapters are on for a 05 Chevy? I put them on A but I am honestly not sure if GM ground switched them or vise versa. Thanks guys.

6. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

i have a a fisher mount and wiring harness that came off my 03 gmc 3500hd if your interested

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Does the 1 ton mount work on the 3/4 ton trucks? I have no clue as I am only familiar with boss stuff. All my buddy needs is a mount for his 05 3/4 ton. What do you want for just the mount shipped to 49417?

8. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

I would have to check on shipping and I'm pretty sure it will fit. I do t have any use for the mounts just been hanging on to them in case I came across a Fisher plow.

Make me offer on mounts

9. buddymanzpop

The 2500 and 3500 GM's used the same push plates.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks buddymanzpop

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

12. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Junior Member

http://nmi.craigslist.org/pts/4232803014.html Those mounts will work (7169) they only cover up to 2010 though not 2011.
    Regarding the lights...Maybe A or B side of the connector (GM tends to be inconsistent with configuring their lighting connectors). Just make sure that ground comming off of the vehicles light connector aligns with the common input of the Fisher harness at each of the four lighting connectors. If it is a four port Module than the common will be blue, otherwise the three port harness will have COM printed on the common input. Again, this circuit needs ground input from the vehicle due to the fact that the truck is a 03-06 (99-02 uses positive common).

13. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

Sorry been plowing since 4am Saturday just getting time to check the post...I will check shipping tomorrow