1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Chevy Crew Value??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lodogg89, Jan 16, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

I have a question, im looking at a 2005 chevy crew cab 2500HD, 6.0L, white, 25K on it. Salvage title. Truck has no frame damage. Damage on bed, hood, front fenders, and some door damage. Includes all new metal for it though. What would you guys pay for this.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It depends alot if you can do the work yourself or if you are paying for it? Also do you plan to drive it long term, salvage trucks are very hard to sell later in life! Usually a good rule of thumb is about 2/3 of actually book value on a salvage title vehicle!

Just my thoughts...

3. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

dont get a 6.0 i get 10 mpg 5-6 when plowing im looking to trade for a d max

4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i was looking at getting a new truck, but saw this and am kinda interested. Would it be worth 12K, it has LS trim package, id guess around 2K to finish the work that needs to be done.

5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I personally would stay away from it unless you plan on keeping it 10 years or longer. A truck with a dirty title is a very hard sell. So look up the value knock it down at least a 1/3 then figure in what it will take to fix and knock that off the price. keep in mind you will never get financed for that truck as will no one else either. That is why you have to keep it for 10 years. People can lay out 3k alot easier than 15k when it comes to buying a used truck

6. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i have a 05 LT every thing you can get and the best i can get for trade is 19k if you buy it pay no more 10k you would be better off buying a truck with 150000 mile than a salvage

7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

keep in mind the 6.0 is an underpowered gas hog(i had one in a 99 2500). if you can find an 8.1 it gets the same gas mileage but with more power and a plain old better engine. just food for thought

8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

you guys that complain about the 6.0, im not sure where your coming from, i have it in my half ton and i get11-12 MPG while plowing, and up to 20MPG on the highway. It is certainly not underpowered. I've towed around some pretty big things with it, trailers in the 8K range and the power was not the issue.

9. bryanj23

bryanj23 Senior Member

Check your local laws. Here once the repairs are done the vehicle can be inspected after a period of time (1-2 years I believe), if all is well the dirty title goes bye-bye.

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

salvage title what happened to it

11. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

you can get the 6.0 in a 1/2ton?! is this a transplant or stock...

dont get me wrong the 6.0 did its job its just the 8.1 or duramax would of done it better.

12. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

stock for the denali

you get better gas milage because you have 373 gear and most 3/4 have 410 thats why 8.1 get good mileage i loved my 8.1

13. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

im just gonna opt against it, ill hold out for a diesel this fall. The vehicle was laid on its side against the ditch. If someone is interested, i can get the contact info for you, the truck is located in omaha, nebraska. he is asking 16K for it, but i told him 10K and he said okay, come by and see it. If you can weld, grind, and paint, your could have an awesome truck for 10K

14. Dieselman77

Dieselman77 Junior Member
    from CT

I've had 2 6.0 liters and really liked them, they had plent of power for towing and plowing. Gm had a few days with 0% financing this summer, so I went for the diesel and it has some serious power!!!

15. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

I'll sell you my 05 CC Duramax. Just take over my lease/smart buy.

16. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

how much are the payments on it, how many miles what color and cab config.

17. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Not good milage with the 6.0L I have 4 of those trucks - 10 - 13 pulling & loaded same empty but with the plow, around 8-10. I can't complain I guess - always thought the power was there but maybe that is just me.

18. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Here is a picture of it. The color is Charcoal Grey. It now has a set of nerfbars and splash guards on it. It has 16,000 miles on it. Lease is up July 08. Lease allows for 16,000 miles a year so it is under on the miles. It has the LS trim. 60/40 split bench in front.
    Pymt= $572.47
    If your interested email me kingdually@windstream.net

[​IMG]