1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 chevy battery leads???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Silverado_guy07, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Silverado_guy07

Silverado_guy07 Member

Hi,
    I was jump starting a friends truck today and after we finished I accidentally touched + to - with the jumper cables.
    I was jumping from the remote (+) and the remote(-) after shorted the jumper cables the remote battery leads on my truck don't have power anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix this I have been looking for a bad fuse but still can't find one in the fuse panels?

Help please!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The remote + jumper stud is connected directly to the battery via the battery cable, no fuses or breakers of any kind. Not sure exactly how you determined that it's dead between it and the battery because if it were, the truck wouldn't start.

3. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

sorry , i dont follow either. Does your truck have no juice at all?

4. Silverado_guy07

Silverado_guy07 Member

Truck starts.
    I have dual batteries (diesel)
    Thats what I think too the (+) looks like its connected directly to the battery

how i tested it (this is going to sound stupid) after the short circuit I tried touching the jumper leads together again and they weren't sparking anymore.

Is the ground maybe fused or breakered?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some jumper cables have short circuit protection built into them you know. At this point I doubt there's even a problem with the truck.