1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Chevy 3500 Plow Package?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Moss Man, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm don't believe my truck has the plow package on it, but I bought it second hand and I'm not really sure.

My question is, in the 2005 model year for Chevy, what exactly would the plow package have included?

This truck is rated for 4800 lbs GVWR on the front, it seems that would more than adequate.

It was a fleet truck until a couple years ago and then the second owner put the Fisher 8' HD MM2 plow on it.

Another person mentioned a larger clutch driven fan being part of the plow package.

If I don't run the plow in just the right position when traveling over the road, the engine temp can get on the high side.

This week I am going to run the Vin number at the Chevrolet dealership, I believe they can tell what the truck had or didn't have from the factory.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The plow prep includes a heavy duty alt. 145 amp. Rook provisions for adding a warning light with a switch installed. The switch will be by the air bag cut off next to the climate control. Also some skid plates, I didn't notice anything different between my dads 03 that has the plow prep and my 04 D-max that doesn't have the plow prep. Also a heavy duty fan clutch. A good easy quick way to tell is if you have the push button next to the air bag cutt off switch on the dash. If you don't have that you don't have the plow prep. Its not going to hurt the truck if you add a plow. Just add the frame gussests and you'll be all set.

Heres a link to the frame gussets I am talking about. B&B is a good guy to get ahold of for getting the gussets.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=81052

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Just look yourself the RPO code is VYU. Just look in the glove box

4. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

Yup, the VYU code is there and the switch for the strobe is beside the airbag switch.

Good news.

Thanx guys.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

i was going to mention this, but was going to say look in the VYU for the RPO. I woulda been wrong.

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

7. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

That's a pretty cool site, learned some interesting things about the truck actually. It says there were only 2 made exactly like mine........wonder who has the other one!