1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Chevy 2500HD ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by exmark1, Apr 14, 2007.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

What is the difference between a plow prep model 2500 HD Duramax and the model with out it? Is it going to be an issue if I installed a plow on one with out the plow prep package?

I am checking options as I do not have a plow prep on mine and either need to put a plow on it or buy something else to put a plow on to replace it!

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

2. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I believe the only difference is a wiring harness in the roof for a beacon. I know the both plow prep and diesels have heavier torsion bars. someone else can correct me if I am wrong.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plow prep RPO code "VYU" includes:
    • 140 amp alternator
    • firewall pass through grommet for plow wiring
    • underbody skid plates
    • 10 amp wiring harness for roof becon
    • upgraded fan clutch
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Okay, but how is that different then the stock diesel equipment? And is it going to hurt if I put a plow on my truck that does not have that option package?
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I think the only thing that you dont have is the larger alt, which you can upgrade.Also you dont have the little switch on the dash for a roof light. Otherwise go ahead and put the plow on the truck. You wont have any issues.