1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 chevy 2500 hd running hot

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ejb40, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ejb40

ejb40 Junior Member
    from ny

my truck seemsever time the weather gets alittle warm it runs hot i have boss 7'6 trip edge plow on it it has 48235 miles on it. acople of guy say the chevs all run that way i dont beleive it so can anyone tell me different thanks:dizzy:

2. kikengrass

kikengrass Junior Member
    from Alb, NY

My 2004 GMC sierra 2500 HD would run hot with the 7.6 fisher plow. turns out that i had to up grade the fan clutch because it didn't kick on enough. 2500 HD!!! seems they would be ready to plow. NOT REALLY!! With the new clutch the fan kicks on twice as much and the truck runs around 210 all day long it is an easy fix and makes a world of difference. I also had to do this to my old 04 GMC sierra to seems that the cooling system is to small. some trucks dont come with the up graded fan if they are not up fitted from the dealer with the plow prep. the part # for the clutch for my truck is ACD# 15-4694 GM#15710101 if your truck has an electric fan then you got me swinging

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  3. ejb40

ejb40 Junior Member
    from ny

clutch fan so much for ordering a plow package from the factory do u remenber ho much it was

4. ejb40

ejb40 Junior Member
    from ny

my truck always ran about 210 or less right from day 1

5. the_experience

the_experience Member

I'd sell the GM part over the counter for $125 to give you an idea of price.

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

All Gm's run at about 210 or right under. If your getting hotter that that with the plow upgrade the fan clutch I put HD fanclutchs in both my trucks

7. ejb40

ejb40 Junior Member
    from ny

im going to have to switch fans, that sad ting is when u order these thing they should be put on from the factory

8. kikengrass

kikengrass Junior Member
    from Alb, NY

you us the same fan just the clutch is changed

9. tmltrans

tmltrans Member

Verify which fan clutch you have it is not unheard of that chevy put the wrong one on. If so they might pay for it.

10. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

do you all had a part number for the replacements clutch-fan. Is it sold by chevy/gm?

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I just got my 2 at autozone heavy duty or extreme duty fan clutch and just tell them what your truck is