1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

+*+*+*+*==2005 BOSS 8' 2" POLY V-Blade "BLADE ONLY"

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bldrs83, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

2005 BOSS "Poly V-Blade"
    Has the updated "formed" cutting edges
    Has the snow deflector installed
    Cutting edge measures 4 3/4" which is 80% left
    Blade has been used very little since I was a crew supervisor (and we all know they don't do much!!!...LOL)

The 2001 Ford F-350 that I plowed with caught fire and burned this spring. I am getting out of plowing for good. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this plow. I will include an extra wing spring and the eye-bolt it attaches to. I recently stopped by the local BOSS dealer and they said $3500 would be the going rate for it.

I'll take $3000 obo.

Plow is located approx. 50 miles north of Indianapolis, IN.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. cgrappler135

cgrappler135 Senior Member

$3,000 for the blade only??? Sounds way off!
  3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Can we see some pics?
  4. badjuicedgt

badjuicedgt Junior Member
    from nw ohio

id be interested in it for 1500 after all ill have another 1000 in it finding all the truck side stuff
  5. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Sounds way off??!!! Go price a new one and get back with me. Cash and carry for a new one is $5300. Harness and mount is $1185. That leaves a balance of $4115. That is 27% off a new one. This has been used VERY little. How many cutting edges does a normal plow go through in it's lifetime? 5? 7? 10? The cutting edge is only 20% worn...and that's the original edge. It basically has one season on it.

I'll let it rot in my driveway before I sell it for $1500. If you can find a complete V-blade with this little wear on it for $2500, by all means, BUY IT. I would. I' ll take 2.

Good luck to you.

Ohio Plower, I'll get pics to you by this weekend. I don't have any of it and getting dark at 5:00 limits my time. Thanks.
  6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Post some pics
  7. cgrappler135

Just seems a bit high for a plow thats 3 years old and even though it was used little, its still a used plow! Just my 2 cents!
  8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Are you th plow pricing police?? Why do people feel they need to slam a price if they dont agree with it?

This guy is trying to sell his plow if you dont like the price click the little botton and get out of the thread.
  9. cgrappler135

Who are you, the posting police? If you dont like my post to SOMEONE elses thread than click the little "button" and get out of the thread. Thanks!!!
  10. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

excuse me sir could you please spreadem i am the plow police and i mean bizness.
  11. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Everyone plows with a used plow. I saw that on a used car lot billboard....except it was about cars.

It's dark when I leave and dark when I get home. I'll get some pictures posted this weekend.

One thing I need to add is that it has a 13 pin plug since it is has Smart Hitch 2. Just in case someone has an 11 pin plug that is interested. Boss does offer a kit to upgrade an 11 pin truck to the 13 pin setup.

EPPSLLC Senior Member

Acturally if you read the rules for this part of the forum, it is actually for posting a for slae item ONLY says to deal with everything through e mails pm's or phone calls
  13. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

I also have the original shoes that are still in the cotton bag. Never been put on.
  14. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Auction on ebay of a very similar snow plow without anything but the plow. BUT...Mine is Poly, has the snow defelector, AND has the formed edges with curb guards and center shoe.

Current bid: $3252 with 12 hours to go. Wierd.

Have a good weekend!!
  15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

So why not put it on E Bay then, personally I don't think it's worth 3k either but I don't buy many plows.
  16. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Yeah, I'm going to tomorrow. I just didn't have any pictures and thought someone living close to me might save me from having to put it on ebay.
  17. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

just trying to fig out why someone would trash a guys thread just because he cant afford what is for sale.
  18. DieselDan73

DieselDan73 Junior Member

Just put it Ebay. I listed my 1 year old Sno-way (that I paid $5100 for new)on here last year for $3750 and I had so many low-ballers say it wasn't worth it , or they would give me $2500. I listed it on Ebay and it sold for $4100. I was shocked. Plowsite is an awesome site and there are many awesome people that are willing to help you out, but there is many cheap-skates who want something for nothing.
  19. badjuicedgt

badjuicedgt Junior Member
    from nw ohio

i guess if you dont want offers dont put it up for sale and put or best offer i made an offer and i thought it was fair but you didnt so i went to indy and got a brand new one on the truck and out the door for 4200 dollars for yes brand new and yes on the truck i always thought drama stopped when i got out of school but i have since figured out it only gets worse
  20. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

wow where did you get it from, I would be interested in another V brand new and installed for 4200. Let me know the dealer you got it from.