1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Blizzard Prices Going Up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by brad welch, Mar 4, 2005.

1. brad welch

brad welch Member

Just Talked To Blizzard Yesterday To Get An Estimate Of Next Year Plow Prices And Was Told To Plan On 8-10 % Increase. Prices Will Go Up 300-500 Dollars Depending On Models. How About The Other Plows Anyone Heard ?? Steel Prices Are Messing With Everything I Guess What Do You Think

2. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Honestly.. I think it will be just Blizzard going up then. Steel prices have actually leveled out and most are predicting them to go down over the spring and summer. I do alot of steel pricing in my trade and it has come down 3- 5% from last summer already.

10% is a big increase,,, I love my Blizzard but 10% in one season, come on.
    I think Blizzard is getting a little greedy. Mabe in some areas they are popular, but here where I am,, it is all westerns, fishers, and boss's. I think it will be a bad move for them. Just my opinion.
    I guess I better get my other 810 soon then,, or mabe get a Boss V

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Heck, for what your getting, they were underpriced IMO.

Compared to BOSS and Western Vee's, Blizzards are cheap.

4. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I love my Blizzard and so far I am extremely impressed with it.I just think while they are building a big customer base. They have to do as much as possible to keep building. The few people around my area that have a Blizzard(mostly straight blades) said the main reason for buying them was the price was cheaper. This is America. Most people will buy the cheaper item not knowing if it is better or worse.Think about it,, the whole aspect of business. A 10% increase on one year when the costs have actually come down. Even with the steel prices soaring ,,,,, there was only an average increase of 7% in the market. If the other manufacterers hold their prices,, I think it will hurt Blizzard.To be honest I will be getting another 810. I see the advantages of the 810 but most people have not, so they are not going to spend the extra money.

Not to start an argument over pricing
    My local Western dealer
    8.5' MVP $3950
    9.5' MVP $4150
    8.5' pro plus $3400+$300 wings

5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I think the real reason is Dave's been losing at the track :)

6. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Lol,, :)

7. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Another reason to go wide, You get to pay more payup :D

8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

LOL I agree. Never used, or seen a Blizzard in person and a price increase like that knocks them down back below the tried and true Fisher for my next truck for next season.

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

10. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

Mick, through ordering steel the past few months it has been coming down. I work for a large union contractor and when the price was quoted from our suppliers back in November, the current price is 5% lower. Our suppliers are telling us that they will be gradually coming down through the spring and summer. They could be wrong, but from November til now they have come down.

11. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

save $2000

Install pro wings on a 7.5 or 8 foot wide straight blade. Flip the rubber when you replace the cutting edge.

Move the same snow, no moving parts, save $2,000. Put some money in your pockets. You'll need it for a tranni anyway.

signed,

Someone who's been there.

David

12. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

I don't know where you heard that steel prices levelled out because I just talked to my dealer a few days ago and he was saying how everything is going up another 8-10% again next year along with mowers and dump beds. Exmark mowers I heard jumped up 12% :eek: If only China weren' t so cheap. :gunsfiring:

13. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Steel prices may have leveled out but with fuel prices on the rise everything that's deliverd will creep up to pay for shipping. payup

14. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Um, you been seeing all the posts from guys bending those wings? no thanks.

15. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

They do bend, or rather the blade bends with them. They still work. Like I said, I've used wings for ten+ years. They make a dramatic difference and are less than $500. Just trying to pass along what we've found.

I've seen the fads and Blizzards and clippers come and go. You do not have to hand over all that money. If you must, now listen close, buy a slide in salt spreader.

DD

16. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I would compare a straight blade plow with add on wings to satellite TV (300 channels) and not have remote control you can operate from your warm seat. :rolleyes: If your gonna do it then you should do it right. :)

17. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

Do it right

Hey Bolt,

For us, doing it right has been with Boss Vees. I've bought four going back to 1992. Never tried a Blizzard.

In Akron Ohio I have only seen 2 so far. Boss has a pretty good dealer net here.

DD

18. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Next time you see a Blizzard 810 power plow owner go see it in action. I think you will like what you see. :)

19. butters

butters Member

You could raise the Blizzard's price 10% and they would still be the lowest price plow at least where I live. I paid $2719 installed with tax for my 760LT. The regular 760 wasn't much more. The Hiniker 7'6" was on sale for $3150. Boss and Western are around $3800 - $4000 for 7'6" plows. Even after a price increase they will be lower priced than everything else. I really wanted a Western, but it wasn't worth the $1100 premium. At this point I have been extremely pleased with my choice.

20. brad welch

brad welch Member

steel prices

hey we have to remember blizzard probably just ordered their steel to start up production again soon. part of price increase. cant wait til june to order for plows being built in june. hey ohio go try a blizzard 810 bet you will be impressed--i ve used and still use some western myers fisher and hiniker plows--blizzard still impresses me especially on final cleanup passes. has to cut that time in half at least