1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 Blizzard 760LT for 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 68dodgeramman, Nov 3, 2014.

1. 68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman Junior Member

This is the information the owner gave me on his plow that he wants to sell; 2005 Blizzard 760LT snowplow complete with wiring and control stick and bracket. Bracket fits:
    1980-91 Ford F-150 4x4.

It was on a 1989 Ford Bronco. I'm planning on mounting it on my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. But I'm not sure what I'll need? A Dodge mount? Or can I modify the Ford mount? And do I need a whole new wiring harness? Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

New mount and headlight adapter. You do not need a whole new wiring harness. I would suggest using the factory mount whenever possible.

3. 68dodgeramman

Thanks for the quick reply, bliz! Are the mounts readily available? And also would this be a PowerHitch1?

4. 68dodgeramman

Plow pics

I'm not sure but he said it's a 2005. So is that a pre-DD Blizzard plow? Is it the PowerHitch 1? I posted the pics so it might easier to tell. I'm sure the veterans can tell as soon as they see it. Thanks again for any help.

Blizzard back.jpg

Blizzard frt.jpg

Blizzard side.jpg

5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

That is probably an 04 plow purchased in 05. The logo changed between 04 and 05, but the serial number would say for sure. Yes the mounts are around, probably $400 or so for a new one. And yes PH1 pre d&d

6. bliz&hinikerDLR

Agree with lilweed^^^

7. 68dodgeramman

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!

8. 68dodgeramman

Well, here it is. I had a friend, a machinist at the local quarry, take the push bar and shorten it. He also made the brackets to connect to the frame. He took measurements off of my neighbor's 2004 Ram. They work together so that worked out well, lol. So anyway I installed the plow frame/mount on my truck. When it came to hook the wiring up I used the headlight adapters from the Ford because all the connections matched my trucks headlights. The plow operates perfectly, but the headlights not so much, lol. When I have the lights on dim they seem fairly bright. Then when I switch to brights they get very dim and my "lamp out" light comes on in the dash. Any ideas? Could it be the headlight adapters messing it up? Any help is appreciated.

Blizzard snow plow.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  9. bliz&hinikerDLR

Dodge uses the HB1 headlights ... they look the same as the Ford HB5 headlights but are pinned different.

Use the attached wiring diagrams to rewire.

Attached Files:

10. 68dodgeramman

Thanks, bliz&hinikerDLR! I appreciate it. Now onto down pressure! Lol! xysport

11. 68dodgeramman

Help!! Well here's what I have; the adapters that I got with the plow have the three connections. One to the back of the headlight, one to truck wiring harness and one to the plow wiring harness. The headlight adapters they sent for my truck, which are #62222, don't have the three way connections. So I guess I'm not sure what I'm missing, lol. Any help again is much appreciated, thanks, and sorry for being a pain!

Ford headlight adapters.jpg

Dodge headlight adapters.jpg

12. 68dodgeramman

I think I just saw my answer in the pics, lol. I use the together, right!?!?

13. bliz&hinikerDLR

What you have there are old adapters from your NON-CURRENT style of plow headlight harness and the B62222 adapters which are for the current plow headlight harness.

The B62222 adapters will not help you if you have the old NON-CURRENT headlight harness with the 5 pin round plug.

I take it that splicing your old adapter did not work? What problem did you have after splicing?

14. bliz&hinikerDLR

Appears that I gave you bad advice. Your truck does have the HB5 bulbs. Sorry.

15. 68dodgeramman

I need the B62012 headlight adapter I believe. That's the way I read it from the Blizzard website.

16. bliz&hinikerDLR

Problem is that adapter is discontinued. Hiniker uses that style of adapter however. p/n 38813040