1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 5500 brake light issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LunchBox, Dec 25, 2010.

1. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I have a 2005 chevy 5500 and I've had no problems until my brake light came on at 130,000 miles. Thats no big deal, they were the original rear brakes some I tossed pads and one caliper but after doing that the light was still on. i checked the fluid level and thats fine, brakes are all bled. Someone suggested that i change the fluid level indicator so I did that and nothing. The truck stops fine, I'm not worried that theres a problem with the brakes its the chime that is going off none stop. Now i did figure out how to lower the chime, but I cannot stop it permanently. Anyone else have problems with the brake light before? funny just a few weeks ago i was bragging about how great the truck is and how it was the original factory brakes :confused:
  2. landscapetree0

landscapetree0 Junior Member

brake llight

Did you find out how to fix, I have same problem
  3. tnmtn

tnmtn Junior Member

if the abs light is on as well it may be how your trailer brake controller is hooked up. that is what it was on mine. GM sent out a memo because there is something diffrent you have to do about hooking them up. had my controller hooked up for quite a while before it caused problems. at east its an easy fix.
    good luck