1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 4500 2WD w/10' V-Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by natueboy, Nov 18, 2006.

1. natueboy

natueboy Junior Member

Has anyone ever put or seen a 10' v on a 4500. I am concerned with how well that truck will push a 1100 pound plow. Truck is a 2005, 2 wheel drive, 8.1 big block, auto, and has a 12 foot dump with lots of room for weight.
  2. Northland

Northland Senior Member

My friends have the same setup on a Diesel 2wd 4500. It works great. I wouldnt worry about it at all. Just remember. We are all pushing (figuratively) 1000 pounds with some of the plows we have on 3/4 and 1 tons....
  3. jryden145

jryden145 Member

A guy a round here has a 2wd 4500 with a 9.2 v with wings. The wings make it 11ft wide but it isnt as tall as the 10ft plow. if i was going to plow with one of these i would do the 9.2 with wings.
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Havent seen any 4500's around here but have seen a 10' BOSS Steel V on a F-550 and wow.....thats a beast! I would think that vehicle with the right ballast over the rear wheels would be perfect. I would definetaly say that truck could handle a 10' V...:salute:
  5. TEX

TEX Senior Member

Might Use Some Of That Extra Room For Extra Fuel Storage
  6. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

The 10 footer is fine for that truck, you shouldn't have any issues.