1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005 2500 Tranny Shifting Hard/vibration

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mklawnman, Jan 18, 2009.

1. I have a 05 2500HD 6.0L 9200gvwr, I've only had the truck for 2 months now, has about 80,000miles on it, guy i bought it from mostly drove hwy miles and small towing. We plow using a 8' plow and just the other day one of my guys using it called me and said that its shifting hard and that it is vibrating at times at idle? It seems to shift hard going into each gear. It will do this in 2wd and 4wd, I just had it in for a tranny fluid change 2wks ago. I did check the fluid level the other day, but the engine was cool when i did and did have fluid on the stick. I noticed that it delays when you put it from R to D like after you put it in D you have to hit the gas a decent amount to get it to go.
    Does any of this mean that the transmission is going or can it be some kind of solenoid or valve that might not be working properly? I've heard of relays goin as well on Gm trucks just not sure which ones.
    I had my 99GMC 3500Hd trany go last year but I could tell it was going when it wasnt shifting into all the gears and lack of power.
    Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful, the truck is going in the shop tommorow.
    Thanks
    Matt

2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Check the PRNDL switch.

3. Well the guys at the shop said that the transmission is going. So not looking so good, sucks its a nice truck and the previous owner took good care of it, guess its just one of those things when you put a plow on a truck something like this is bound to happen sooner or later, just wish it would have been later.