1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2005-2006 Rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Jul 11, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! Well I have been thinking about getting together my 2005-2006 contracts in place here soon. With the price of gas being so high, how much does everyone think they are going up? I have been thinking about going up between $5 and $7 per driveway. I also have been thinking about charging a fuel surcharge either at the start of the season or during each time I plow? Any suggestions would be helpful
    Thank you
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I write a fuel surcharge into my contract. However it has to reach a point during the season. To early now to tell what fuel will be in the winter.

Also, how will your customers react to raising the price $5-7 per drive because of higher fuel? Do you really burn 2-3 gallons per drive? I know fuel is a big expense but I think that will be considered extreme. During the winter each of my trucks uses a tank for a storm. Around here we have seen about a 15% increase in fuel, so you would have to divide that by the driveways on the route and then assess. It will end up being less then a dollar a drive likely.

Now you could just raise rates, but watch that you stay in your market. I am thinking now that I will just keep them the same and go with a surcharge of my percentage (yet to be determined) if the price goes above $2.50 (mayu change if price changes).

Incidently my summer contracts for mowing and such just hit their surcharge at $2.40.