1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Superduty AUX power in the Cab???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Kevinrum, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Kevinrum

Kevinrum Junior Member

2004 Superduty, where are you guys pulling auxiliary power from, I wanted to pull a switch-able hot from under the dash to power some LED’s . I think my only option is to tap off the Cig lighter….

2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Get a fuse piggy back and tie it to the fuse panel. LED's draw a very small amount of power so it will not overload anything. This way you don't have to splice into an existing wire. Get the ground from any metal frame piece under the dash.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  3. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

i always pull power from my battery and fuse after the connection at the battery.. no worried that way.

jeff

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get a manual for it $15 at auto zone etc. They have wire diagrams in the electrical section. It should give you always hot, hot with ignition on wire colors. The owners manual fuse box diagram should show aux/power fuse connections you can make. Make sure it's not connected to the dome light circuit,shut door it quits. If you run a line from the battery make sure you put a fuse near the battery to protect the circuit. Popped fuses not bad,burning truck are really bad!

5. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member