1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by draginwagon, Sep 3, 2008.

1. draginwagon

draginwagon Junior Member

Anyone have any info on using a 1500 Z71 suburban with a med wght western steel plow?
    will this setup work well? Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Sub's are not a recommended application for the mid-weights due to their low front axle weight rating but they do push snow rather well...even without rear ballast. But the ballast is usually needed to offset the plow weight anyway. And along with a T-bar adjustment and a set of Timbrens will carry the plow as well as any 1/2 ton pickup.

It's the length and poor rear visibility thats the biggest problems with them.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You might consider the Snoway for the weight savings

4. gwnorth23

gwnorth23 Junior Member
    from Maine

I have a 1/2 ton Yukon XL with 7.5 Fisher RD, sags now but bought the timbrens and just need to install them. I will post some pictures as soon as I get the Timbrens in. Here in ME I see a few yukons/tahoes/burbs with plows. I won't plow anything with it but my driveway slow and steady but I think it is a decent setup IMO.....Mark

5. draginwagon

draginwagon Junior Member

Thanks for you help!!

6. gwnorth23

gwnorth23 Junior Member
    from Maine

Here are a couple of shots of my 03 Yukon Xl

A few from today, put a few new bulbs in and general once over....MO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]