1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Silverado Safety recall

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NickyBombs, Nov 18, 2006.

1. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

I just got a letter today from gm stating that my 2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 plow truck has a safety recall. Something to do with the leather seats interfering with the airbag sensors. So they want to buy back the truck. The problem is that I have the truck already setup for my fisher xblade and vbox spreader and other accessories. I'm hoping that they pay for installation of the plow and vbox. Thats if the setup works on the newer 3500 silverado.

Some help would be great. I'm in a tight spot now that winters approaching.:dizzy:

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

They want to buy the truck back for a recall?! That's ridiculous!

3. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Recall

Is it just the 3500s? I have a 2004 2500 with leather.

Sean
    SD Plowing

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Why would they want to buy back a recall? unless it's not fixable. but I don't see that

5. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

yes they want to buy it back

They claim that a comparable leather seat with the passenger sensing system is not available. Do a google for safety recall 06102. About 700 vehicles were affected. They will purchase the vehicle from me for for the full price I paid for it including taxes, etc. If I get a new truck I will have to pay for new plow and installation. My dilema is what do I do. With it being so close to snow season. Any help?:cry:

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I would be all over that like stink on sh@t. New truck with a new warranty. Get busy removing the mounts and haul arss putting them on a new truck. Deals like that don't happen overnight. But thats just the way I see it.

7. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I'd second that, my biggest fear is when my extended warrantee runs out. I'd love a new truck. Make them switch the tires though. Factory tires s*%&.

8. joe b

joe b Junior Member

Man, I wish I had leather seats.