1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 silverado 1500 suspension

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by captainquad, Sep 16, 2005.

1. captainquad

captainquad Junior Member

Hey everyone, just wanted some opinions on what to do with my front suspension on my 2004 silverado Z71? I am putting a blizzard 760LT on my truck(thats what the blizzard dealer recommended?) and I was just wondering how I can prevent my front end from sagging excessively. I had turned up my torsion bars but am wondering if thats putting to much stress on other parts on the front. I heard that you can interchange the ones from a 3/4 ton onto a 1/2 ton? If thats true does anyone know which models I can take the torsion bars from? Also if theres anything else I should be worried about. Also I'd like to see or hear from some of you with a similar setup, not necessarily with the same plow, but a 1500. Thanks.
    :drinkup:

2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

I just put a western poly pro 7 1/2' on my 02 Z71 1500. I raised the bars and the truck only sags about an inch when the plow is up. Havn't driven it down the road yet, have to do that pretty soon to adjust the headlights on the plow.

3. captainquad

captainquad Junior Member

did you add timbrens?? Whats the weight of your plow?

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Captain,
    I've got a 2000 1/2 ton Ext. cab Silverado with the same plow (760LT) you're putting on. Last season I didn't do anything to it and everything worked fine other then it looked like I was plowing with a 2wd truck... :confused:

I cranked my torsions up a couple weeks ago and will be adding some Timbrens soon. Also I will be adding the Airfoil to the top of my plow to prevent over-heating while in transport.

You'll like the plow, it does a fine job.

Buck

5. ght1098

ght1098 Member

No timbrens, plow shipped at 790#, I have not put it on a scale yet.