1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 Rams

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by nsmilligan, Oct 20, 2003.

1. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Was on the Dodge site today, looks like the V10 is history, but the Cummins high output is now availible with an automatic. Wish they would make the SRW 3500 availible in a reg cab. Anybody know of any other changes, or new options for 2004?

Bill

2. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

I was hoping the 8.3 would be an option in the big 4x4's.

3. Sublime

Sublime Junior Member

Dodge probably lost a sale to my company because they do not have the SRW in the regular cab 3500 with long box and the Hemi. Too bad, I really like the new Ram. We will probably go Ford now for our new plow truck.

4. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

I didn't think the hemi was a plow motor anyway---does the torque kick in as high as on the 1/2 ton version of this motor?

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

The cummins was avaliable with an automatic before. Where did you hear that it wasnt???? Our 3500 At the course has a HO CUmmins with an automatic and Johnny D has an automatic in his Cummins also.

Jay

6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Jay

He is talking about the High Output Cummins not the regular version .

I to wish Dodge built a SRW Reg cab 3500.

7. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

What if you sold the tires and wheels, got 4 nice ones, then sold the box and got a single wheel box? Then you could have the 1 ton srw!

8. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Make your own SRW reg cab

Somehow that seems like a lot of work :)

9. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

I'm sure it's one of those things that sounds good in words, but is a little different once you get wrenching...kind of like most of my projects:cool:

10. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Only difference between 3500 & 2500 Regular cab with diesel is that the 3500 have helper springs and 2500 don't.

11. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

rob

don't forget the Weight rating decal and the door emblems

12. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Re: rob

for single rear wheel 3500 its only 900 more than 2500 because of helper springs.

13. wyldman

wyldman Member

Re: Re: rob

Yes,for single rear wheel 3500 it's 900 lbs more,but it's legal.

14. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns Banned

get the camper package. that would add the helper springs