1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2004 ram1500 and snoway 7 1/2'...HELP!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Elohssa6, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

I have never plowed before and never installed a plow

I poked around on craigslist and found a snoway 7 1/2 foot plow and bought it...

heres the ad

Snow way snow plow 7 foot 6 inch MT style plow. Power cables and mounting bracket for 2004 Dodge Ram 1500.Item Description
    SNO-WAY PKG Sno-way Plow MT 7'6 Poly Blade, Gravity Power,

RS99 100469 Pkg., Power Pack Ship, MTG
    RS99 100020 Pkg.,Blade Assy HT/MT90LS
    RS_99 100504 Pkg., Subframe, 1500 Dodge

RS99 100473 Pkg., Lights & Mounting

Now i have this thing sitting in the bed of my truck.....Its in great shape and I got it for a good price....I THINK

He says the only thing thats missing is the wire harness for the lights and the bolts to attach the subframe to the truck

Im looking for the manual for what I have and cant find it....

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

2. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

3. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

none of those numbers match the numbers i have i dont think.....i will keep poking around

4. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

5. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

here are some pictures
    I was given the big plow assembly and 3 separate type bracket pieces.....Also 1 wire harness that looks to be the wires for the main connection for the battery, and 2 other pieces that are the remote control and the wire to connect to the remote....

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/dsc00893v.jpg/

http://img269.imageshack.us/i/dsc00897az.jpg/

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/dsc00899a.jpg/

http://img46.imageshack.us/i/dsc00892c.jpg/

I also have found some model / serial #'s

On the bottom of the arm that goes up to the light it says:
    s/s ALC121872
    9700174D

On the box covering the motor it says
    97100808A

One of the brackets has the number
    ALC119964

The lights say:
    WAGNER HALOGEN snoway 780 SAE HIP 99 DOT

I have NO bolts to mount this thing....

I have a buddy who is going to mount it for me but I want to have everything he needs including the manual, the wire harness i am missing and the bolts....

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Ahh, I knew Basher would pipe up!! Elo, listen to Basher, he knows all that is SnoWay!!

8. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

what bulbs are on the truck? or on the plow?

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

The truck. He needs to know what headlights are on the truck to be able to get you the p/n and pricing for the correct harness.

10. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

i dont know if this is it, but on the lense it says:

VOR DOT HB5 SAE HR A15PP3 00 DC 02DR

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There you be, you have H5bulbs on the truck. You need a 99100529 harness no adapter required. you do need two headlight relays, one comes with the harness, the other you'll need to purchase if you do not already have one.

Common harness, give Kim a ring, she might have a used one.

12. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks for the help
    I assume I hav to call the number in your posts?

Also I have no bolts to mount the frame with. What do I need to buy for that?

13. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

I have been researching all day....I have printed the manuals, and figured out what harness I need....

I have called all local dealers and gotten estimates on installing my sub frame to the truck

DO I HAVE TO DO ANY DRILLING TO MOUNT THE SUB FRAME?

3 say there is drilling involved and 2 said that there is no drilling required and the frame is simply "bolt-on".....

whats the truth? I looked around under the truck and there are some holes but none look like they match whats there....

I'll admit I am completely clueless with regards to this kind of work.....

Everything else is put together so once I mount the frame to the truck I just have to attach the plow to the frame....

The electrical components I can handle on my own....

Should I just suck it up and spend the $250 to have the frame mounted?

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you read the instructions they call for holes to be drilled in a couple locations.

15. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

I have scheduled an appointment to have my subframe mounted to the truck

When I bought the plow, the guy hooked it up to his truck quickly to show me that it ran (and it did)

Today I hooked up the power cable to the battery and then plugged that into the plow
    I also hooked up the wired control to the unit....

I cant get the plow to power on.....Where do I start?

I took off the cover of the motor and saw 3 wires not connected to anything.....It looks wrong to me, but I cant figure out the wiring schematic I will post a picture of the 3 "loose" wires

One is red and 2 are red/white.........The red one has a blown 20fuse in the middle of the wire (where the wire dips off the edge of the picture)

[​IMG]

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There should not be any loose wires under the pump cover. The wires you are showing are main power wires. You should consider having a experienced Snoway Dealer look at it. they should be able to quickly diagnosis where the wires go.

17. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

im gonna lose my mind!!!!

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

19. Elohssa6

Elohssa6 Junior Member
    from NY

i went over that schematic.....

the red wire with the fuse isn't in the schematic and looks like someone added it....

I want to sell this thing already and I havent even put it on....

I should have just brought it to the dealer but they wanted $650 for the install.....I couldnt justify that and thought it would be simple enough, being that it was together and working when i got it...

UGHHH

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK if it's an add on remove it. maybe you could take some more pics showing it from a couple angles?